Jody Asks Colte Bradley
Monday, 16 January 2012 16:01
) Jody Asked Colte Bradley
What do you want the world & your countless fans to know about you as a man and you the artist? (bit of history about your cd, influences, who you've open for, likes & dislikes (could be anything; example, perhaps you like people to be honest, upfront, know that you got that person’s support 100 %)(hobbies) perhaps some advice or insight….
I am a down to earth kind and caring spiritual person who was privileged to be raised with strong southern and Appalachian roots. I don’t like how people can see things right in front of them and pretend it’s not there and do nothing. I had the privilege to sing with George Jones knew Johnny and June Cash personally .I try to write all my music but if a great song comes my way from another writer I will try to cut it. I like to record songs that are meaningful with a commercial quality .I like to fly-fish enjoy spending time wading mountain creeks when I can.
any embarrassing moment in your music career?
I was playing for a Rotary club in Houston, Texas. While performing, a humming bird got in the building and was flying around me. At the end of my performance, the master of ceremonies asked me, Colte do you always bring a humming bird with you when you sing? I said yes, in case I forget the words he helps me hum along.
3rd) Any Awards?
I received an award at the age of sixteen performing “Whoa Mule Whoa” on my banjo at the Mountain Youth Jamboree.
Do you feel that the Internet & online promoting is helping your music career?
Yes, I do. The Internet introduces my music to new ears increasing the fan base.
5th) anything major coming up for you like a tour, a new album?
Working on a new album, videos, and touring etc.
6th) Are you looking for sponsors, if so what would you like them to know. Why they should sponsor you?
They should know that through their sponsorship, I intend to increase their sales and be a perfect model and representative of their brand.
7) with the decrease in big record companies and the increase of artists to go the do it yourself or independent route, how has this affected the way you get your material out there or to artists? The internet is the best way to get your material herd and good ole networking often works to.
8) In your opinion, has this increased or decreased your competition? It has increased but at the end of the day the people will decide.
9) For a while there seemed to be more of a spiritual songwriting direction in a lot of the songs. But now the writing seems to be headed back towards more "classical country". What are your feelings on that? Do you think maybe this will split off into a new music genre for country? I think country fans like a little of everything and country music has always had religious roots. Just look at the face book daily posts the same person will play George Strait and Bon Jovi etc. . . . There again through the internet people have choices they never had before a very exciting time for country fans and for music as a whole.
10) Do you see the so called "new country" running its course? That the listeners are ready to get back to the roots of what country music was and still is all about in some parts of the country? Yes I believe it will go back and forth. Some of this artist today doesn’t know who Hank Williams Sr or Merle Haggard or George Jones is and that is sad.
11) If you’re a singer/songwriter (even if just writer you may have an opinion on it ) and getting out and playing your original songs, how much does this help in the writing process and do you insert this information and/or into your song? Yes a live audience can inspire song writing it’s a good way to test songs you write to get a response.
12) Where do you see all the songwriters/artists in 5- 10 years Radio and a lot of media will be online, Land radio stations owned by big corporations won’t have the strong hold on the market like they do now. And everything will be going to the internet .But I believe one thing will remain the same. Real talent will prevail and the cream will float to the top .No matter how saturated the market will be.
13) With the countless Music Community Sites on the net
for Indie Artist which is your favorite that you’re on and has
it been helpful in your music career? Our stage, Reverbnation, Facebook, YouTube internet radio stations, Jody Dickey etc.
14) Are you making more money on your music in digital sales or hard copy albums? or Are you losing money in digital sales of your mp3s ?I guess it’s been both about the same .But the market says it’s going to ITunes so that’s where artist need to focus their sales.
15) What or who influence you to become an artist? I guess it was all those country albums my dad played growing up got in my soul.
TUNE IN Radio.MusiciansMusic.Net
ON AIR 24/7
unsigned artists join use Firefox